Tuesday, March 31, 2009

make zach happy





Calling on all you creative decorators!

I'm sure Z won't even notice, but now that I find myself spending a lot of time in his room, I am thinking of a few changes to make it a bit cozier. Seems like everyone in my family has caught the decorating bug this month. So, here are my ideas. First, find some way to cover the Ikea Pax wardrobe. Probably heavy, dressing-room like curtains. Then, take down these shelves which scream safety hazard to me and since they hold toys and books, these things ought to be within the boy's reach, right? Then, I will paint some shade of cool green (cool, as opposed to warm) which Omi Willet will supply. I'll get a feel-good-under-bare feet rug big enough to cover most of the floor and finally, I guess I will part with my single days bed. As comfy as it is, I suppose we won't have any guests sharing the room with Zach so if you haven't made it to visit yet, sorry! We still have the pull-out couch. Not very comfy though. Air mattress? For this room, maybe I'll get a small couch or chaise. Any other ideas? Em, now is your chance!





















2 comments:

Mary said...

Those are all great ideas. Definitely a rug, take down the shelves, get rid of the bed and replace with a chair/couch of some sort. Keep us posted on your progress!

Anonymous said...

I will work up some drawings and consult with you further :) Boy would it be fun to take a trip to IKEA with you this weekend and get er done! Cool green walls-what color/kind of rug?
I am actually thinking that a really kidlike rug would be more fun for the playing space and learning potential "go sit on the blue triangle" kind of thing, you know?
Ramble ramble...